Membership has its benefits!
- The Mississippi Association of Broadcasters (MAB) has been proudly serving the broadcasting industry in Mississippi for more than 75 years. We are a vital resource for broadcasters with a commitment to provide programs and services beneficial to the individual broadcaster and to our members as a group. MAB is a basic resource of information, keeping members informed on key issues, requirements, and information.
- Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP) – MAB members can take advantage of this program. A retired FCC Inspector conducts these inspections and issues a certificate of compliance.
- Annual Convention – The Annual Convention provides excellent training sessions for sales reps and managers as well as an opportunity for teambuilding outside of the station.
- Excellence in Broadcasting Awards – MAB is proud to recognize the incredible work and outstanding efforts of our radio and television stations.
- Job Postings – The MAB website maintains a job postings section for our member stations.
- Legal Questions & Answers – There is an attorney on retainer that is able to answer your legal questions. MAB, through our Washington attorneys, provides information pertaining to FCC operating requirements, FCC issues and policy making, and legislative issues on the national level.
- Legislative Support – A key component of member services is legislative support. It is provided through our lobbying efforts both here in Mississippi and in Washington.
- Local Broadcast Sales – This is a free membership benefit which includes training-on-demand, sales ideas, ad intelligence, Ask LBA, and 2nd Tuesday webinars.
- MAB Day on Campus – MAB facilitates job fairs at state colleges and universities every year.
- Political Information – The MAB attorneys and staff provide important information on political issues.
- Seminars – MAB provides training seminars on topics such as sales.
- Scholarship Program – MAB offers this program to broadcast majors attending Mississippi universities and colleges.
- Website – Member stations are featured on our website and on social media.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Associate Members are individuals, organizations and companies that offer services or products which are ancillary to the industry. Associate members are significant in furthering the work of the association and Mississippi’s broadcasters.
Associate Members have increased opportunities to interact, support and offer special discounts or incentives to member stations.