Mississippi TV LLC WTVA 9 News, the AMB owned NBC & ABC affiliate has an opening for a self-motivated Assignment Manager to lead our assignment desk and daily newsgathering effort in the Tupelo-Columbus, Ms. Market.
Ideal candidate will be a highly organized person with strong leadership skills and managerial abilities.
• Monitoring radio/scanners/social media for breaking news
• Coordinating and dispatching reporters and photographers in the field
• Maintaining court files and future event planning
• Set news coverage priorities by following the strategic news plan and breaking news coverage plans
• Gather information on stories by cultivating sources within official channels.
• Develop sources and generate story ideas
• Contribute to the station"s digital platforms
• Collaborate with other management to facilitate newsroom-wide communications and workflows
• Must be strongly versed in social media for both posting and news gathering purposes.
• Familiar with local newsgathering technology and terminology
• Applicant will have strong people and phone skills as well as the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
• A strong emphasis on Breaking News is our culture so the ideal candidate must be open and willing to embrace the strategic mission.
• Must be highly organized.
• Must have the ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to foster and maintain professional working relationships with newsmakers.
• Ability to gather information from multiple sources and push it out to anchors, reporters & producers.
• Must have a sense of urgency and thrive in a high-pressure breaking news and weather environment.
• Be able to remain calm and level-headed during breaking news situations.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Successful candidate will be required to contribute to all digital platforms, as well as monitor multiple social media accounts in order to gather content and communicate with news makers.
• College degree in Broadcast Journalism, or related field (preferred)
• Military training and experience will be considered
Pre-employment background check and drug test required.
To apply, submit your résumé to:
MISSISSIPPI TV, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).