Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WDAM has been the dominant market leader for over sixty years and is the primary source of news in the Pine Belt region of Mississippi. Hattiesburg is a great college town, home to the University of Southern Mississippi and William Carey University, and is one of the top economic growth communities in the state. The area is a great place to raise a family and is only a short drive to New Orleans and both the Mississippi and Alabama Gulf Coast.
WDAM is the dominant market leading station in the Hattiesburg / Laurel, MS television market and we are looking for a dynamic Chief Meteorologist to lead our experienced First Alert Weather Team. The ideal candidate must be a great communicator with a passion for meteorology, a master of social media, and focused on keeping people safe. This position is for someone who absolutely loves their profession and is prepared to work in an area with every type of weather including tornados, hurricanes and even winter precipitation. The Chief Meteorologist must understand the culture of the Pine Belt viewers and be able to communicate with them in a manner to gain and maintain their trust. The successful candidate must be organized, motivated and create great content for all platforms.
Be a great communicator on air, online and in person
• Be fluent in the latest weather technology
• Be a passionate, accurate forecaster
• Coach and lead a team of meteorologist and forecasters
• Provide digital content creatively and consistently
• Communicate with the viewer in a clear and concise manner
• Create clear, accurate graphics
• Be willing and able to make frequent public appearances and be a good representative of the station
Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and work well with a diverse station staff
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology
• Three or more years of on-air meteorology experience
• Must be willing to work flexible shifts, be on call, and provide wall-to-wall weather coverage when necessary
• Must reside in the Pine Belt Region of Mississippi in reasonably close proximity to the studio
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Pre-employment drug screen is required
Come join our dynamic news team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters (WDAM-TV) attach your resume and upload your video reel
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television, Inc. participates in E-Verify.